Nicholls State UniversityUniversity Station La Hwy 1
Thibodaux, LA 70310
Type: Public 4-year or above
Main Website: www.nicholls.edu
Financial Aid: financial aid link
Tuition and fees: $7,234.00
Total Cost In-State On-Campus: $20,274.00
Total Cost Out-State On-Campus: $30,521.00
|25th Percentile*||75th Percentile*|
|SAT Critical Reading||450||550|
|Percentage of students receiving any financial aid||95%|
|Percentage of students receiving Federal Grants||44%|
|Average Federal Grant||$4,299.00|
|Percentage of students receiving state aid||84%|
|Average state aid||$3,525.00|
|Percentage of students receiving institutional aid||34%|
|Average institutional aid||$3,698.00|
|Percentage of students receiving a student loan||51%|
|Average student loan||$5,056.00|
- ASSOCIATE'S DEGREE
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE
- POSTBACCALAUREATE CERTIFICATE
- MASTER'S DEGREE
- POST-MASTER'S CERTIFICATE
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE
- Agricultural Business and Management
- Art Teacher Education
- Art/art Studies
- Athletic Training/Trainer
- Audiology/Audiologist and Speech-language Pathology/Pathologist
- Biology/Biological Sciences
- Business Administration and Management
- Business Teacher Education
- Child Care Provider/Assistant
- Computer Science
- Computer Teacher Education
- Counseling Psychology
- Counselor Education/School Counseling and Guidance Services
- Culinary Arts/Chef Training
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition Services
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching
- Education/Teaching of Individuals in Early Childhood Special Education Programs
- Educational Leadership and Administration
- Educational Psychology
- Elementary Education and Teaching
- English Language and Literature
- English/Language Arts Teacher Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
- Family Practice Nurse/Nursing
- Fine/Studio Arts
- General Studies
- Health Professions and Related Programs
- Health Services/Allied Health/Health Sciences
- Junior High/Intermediate/Middle School Education and Teaching
- Management Information Systems
- Marine Biology and Biological Oceanography
- Marketing/Marketing Management
- Mass Communication/Media Studies
- Mathematics Teacher Education
- Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Music Teacher Education
- Organizational Leadership
- Petroleum Technology/Technician
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching
- Political Science and Government
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse/Nursing
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Science Teacher Education/General Science Teacher Education
- Secondary Education and Teaching
- Social Studies Teacher Education
- Surveying Technology/Surveying
- Teacher Education, Multiple Levels
- Agricultural Business and Management
Nicholls State University Scholarships
Nolan J. Gaubert Excellence in Pure & Applied Sciences Endowed Memorial Scholarship
Annual award for a resident of Lafourche, Terrebonne, or Assumption Parishes, Louisiana who is an incoming freshman accepted to Nicholls State University full-time, pursuing a Bachelors of Science degree. Award amount varies. Renewable; maintain 2.5 GPA. more...
Allan & Helena Dusenbury Scholarship
Annual award for resident of Terrebonne or Lafourche Parish, Louisiana who is an undergraduate student attending Nicholls State University full-time. Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 GPA. Award amount varies. more...
Thibodaux Service League Scholarship
Annual award for an undergraduate senior attending Nicholls State University full-time. Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 GPA. Candidate must have outstanding character and reputation, as well as participate in volunteerism in the community and/or at Nicholls. Renewable. more...
South Central Chapter of Louisiana CPA's Scholarship
Annual award for an undergraduate senior attending Nicholls State University full-time, majoring in Accounting. Applicant must have a minimum overall 3.0 GPA, and a 3.0 GPA in Accounting courses. Selection based on grades and contribution to school and community. Award amount varies. Application forms available from the Department of Accounting each spring semester. more...
McDermott Aid to Education Scholarships
Scholarship for an outstanding undergraduate junior and a senior student attending Nicholls State University full-time, majoring in Civil Engineering. Another scholarship is awarded to a senior enrolled in Accounting. A final award is given to a senior majoring in Computer Science. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Award amount varies. more...
Anne M. Ferguson Endowed Scholarship
Annual award for undergraduate student attending Southeastern Louisiana University full-time. Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 GPA, demonstrated financial need, good moral character and be a relative of Anne M. Ferguson family or a dependent of a Southeastern Louisiana University employee. Due date, number of awards and award amount varies. Renewable. more...
Mark Dugopolski Sophomore Scholarship
Scholarship for undergraduate sophomores attending Southeastern Louisiana University full-time, majoring in Mathematics or Mathematics Education. Applicants must have completed 30 credit hours earned at SLU prior to the spring semester, with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Students must have earned at least 13 semester hours in Math courses numbered 200 and above and complete Math 201 with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Due date, number of awards and award amount varies. more...
Betty Bloch Kohn Scholarship
Annual award for a female, athletic undergraduate student attending Nicholls State University full-time, who is eligible for TOPS. Student must also be eligible to compete in her sport during every semester that the award is received. Applicant must have a minimum 3.25 GPA. Award amount varies. Renewable; eight semesters. more...
Florence Zeigler Allbritton Piano Award
Scholarship for incoming freshmen enrolled full-time at the University of Louisiana-Monroe Division of Music majoring in Piano. Deadlines and award amounts may vary. more...
Scholarship for college juniors or seniors enrolled full-time at the University of Louisiana-Lafayette Computer Science Department. Students must demonstrate financial need, academic achievement, and participate in extracurricular activities. Due date and number of awards may vary. Renewable. more...
Presser Foundation Scholarship in Music
Scholarship for seniors attending Loyola University New Orleans who are majoring in Music. Selection based academic achievement and muscial talent. Due date, number of awards, and award amount may vary. more...
Student Government Association Freshman Leadership Scholarship
Scholarship for undergraduate students students attending Southeastern Louisiana University full-time. Applicants must have a minimum 2.0 GPA, must have completed the Freshman Leadership Seminar, also completed 30 hours of service and completed 15 hours of service to SGA (Student Government Association). Due date, number of awards and award amount varies. more...
Bayou District Dietetic Association Scholarships
Scholarship for one undergraduate junior. one undergraduate senior, and one graduate student attending Nicholls State University, majoring in Dietetics. Recipients must be registered for at least 12 hours before receiving the award. The graduate award is presented to a senior; the recipient must be accepted into an internship or AP4 program before receiving the award. Award amount varies. more...
Dr. & Mrs. Robert H. "Bob" Dolese Rotary Scholarship
Annual award for a member of the Rotaract Club who is an undergraduate student attending Nicholls State University full-time. Applicant must be the member with the highest grade point average. Award amount varies. more...
Mrs. E.R.T. Marquette Piano Scholarship
Annual award for a resident of Lafourche, Terrebonne, or Assumption Parish, Louisiana who is an undergraduate student attending Nicholls State University full-time, majoring in Music. Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Award amount varies. more...