Houston Baptist University7502 Fondren Rd
Houston, TX 77074
Type: Private nonprofit 4-year or above
Main Website: www.hbu.edu
Financial Aid: financial aid link
Tuition and fees: $28,800.00
Total Cost In-State On-Campus: $41,302.00
Total Cost Out-State On-Campus: $41,302.00
|25th Percentile*||75th Percentile*|
|SAT Critical Reading||470||580|
|Percentage of students receiving any financial aid||100%|
|Percentage of students receiving Federal Grants||51%|
|Average Federal Grant||$3,998.00|
|Percentage of students receiving state aid||41%|
|Average state aid||$2,444.00|
|Percentage of students receiving institutional aid||99%|
|Average institutional aid||$13,060.00|
|Percentage of students receiving a student loan||58%|
|Average student loan||$6,965.00|
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE
- MASTER'S DEGREE
- Ancient Near Eastern and Biblical Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
- Art Teacher Education
- Athletic Training/Trainer
- Bilingual and Multilingual Education
- Biology Teacher Education
- Biology/Biological Sciences
- Business Administration and Management
- Business/Managerial Economics
- Child Development
- Christian Studies
- Clinical Pastoral Counseling/Patient Counseling
- Counselor Education/School Counseling and Guidance Services
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching
- Educational Assessment, Testing, and Measurement
- Educational Leadership and Administration
- Elementary Education and Teaching
- English Language and Literature
- English/Language Arts Teacher Education
- Fine/Studio Arts
- Human Resources Management/Personnel Administration
- International Business/Trade/Commerce
- Junior High/Intermediate/Middle School Education and Teaching
- Keyboard Instruments
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
- Management Information Systems
- Marketing/Marketing Management
- Mass Communication/Media Studies
- Mathematics Teacher Education
- Molecular Biology
- Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Music Performance
- Music Teacher Education
- Music Theory and Composition
- Pastoral Studies/Counseling
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching
- Political Science and Government
- Reading Teacher Education
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Religious/Sacred Music
- Science Teacher Education/General Science Teacher Education
- Secondary Education and Teaching
- Social Studies Teacher Education
- Spanish Language and Literature
- Spanish Language Teacher Education
- Special Education and Teaching
- Speech Communication and Rhetoric
- Speech Teacher Education
- Teacher Education and Professional Development, Specific Subject Areas
- Theology/Theological Studies
- Voice and Opera
- Ancient Near Eastern and Biblical Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
Houston Baptist University Scholarships
College Prize for Excellence in Classical Studies
Scholarship for college seniors enrolled at Boston University Department of Classical Studies. Students must demonstrate academic achievement. Deadlines and award amounts may vary. more...
Sandra P. Garriques Scholarship Fund
Scholarship for undergraduate students enrolled at Boston University College of Engineering. Students must demonstrate academic achievement. Preference given to Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering majors. Due date and number of awards may vary. An essay must be included with application packet. more...
John Lazzaro Memorial Scholarship Fund
Scholarship for undergraduate students enrolled at Boston University College of Engineering majoring in Biomedical Engineering. Students must demonstrate academic achievement and financial need. Due date and number of awards may vary. An essay must be included with application packet. more...
Steven P. Evans Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship for female undergraduate (freshmen ineligible) students enrolled at Boston University College of Engineering. Students must demonstrate academic achievement and financial need. Preference given to students interested in the environment and the preservation of the earth's natural resources. Due date and number of awards may vary. An essay must be included with application packet. more...
School Licensure-Certification Scholarships
Scholarship for graduate students enrolled at Boston University Department of Education. Students must be U.S. citizens/permanent residents, seeking licensure/certification for teaching, counseling, or adminstration and demonstrate academic and financial need. A FAFSA must be submitted. Award amount is for half of tuition. Due date may vary. more...
Josephine Bell Fine Arts Scholarship
Annual award for undergraduate students enrolled full-time at Angelo State University College of Liberal and Fine Arts Communication, Drama, and Journalism Department majoring in Fine Arts. Due date may vary. more...
Scholarship for incoming freshmen accepted to Texas Lutheran University. Selection based on academic achievement and SAT/ACT scores. Due date and number of awards may vary. Renewable. more...
Kirby Keas Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship for undergraduate students attending the University of North Texas full-time. Applicants must have academic achievement with a minimum 2.0 GPA. Submit FAFSA application (available January 2nd) for financial eligibility. Number of awards and award amount varies. more...
Jess Evans Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship for undergraduate students at Sul Ross State University (Alpine, TX) who participate in the SRSU Rodeo Program. Student must have a minimum 2.0 GPA and be NIRA eligible. Application due date may vary; rodeo performance deadline is Aug. 15. Number of awards varies. Renewable. Contact the School of Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences for more information and application. more...
Student Deposit Scholarship
Scholarship for undergraduate students at Sul Ross State University (Alpine, TX). Student must be a Texas resident, have financial need and a minimum 2.5 GPA. Number of awards varies. Renewable. more...
Aage & Margareta Moller Scholarship for Veterans of the War in Iraq & Afghanistan
Scholarship for undergraduate or graduate students enrolled full-time at the University of Texas-Dallas. Students must have served on active duty in the War in Iraq or Afghanistan. Deadlines and award amounts may vary. more...
Texas Kappa Delta Alumnae Scholarship
Annual award for female full-time undergraduate students who are active Kappa Delta Sorority members at a university in Texas. Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selection is based on academic excellence, service to the chapter, alumnae association or national Kappa Delta, service to the campus and community, financial need, personal objectives and goals, potential and recommendations. A personal statement and a recent professional quality photograph must be included with application packet. more...
Houston Association for Communication Disorders Fund
Scholarship for graduate students attending the University of Houston or Lamar University and are majoring in Communication and Science Disorders. Due date and number of awards may vary. Contact the Scholarship Committee Chairperson of TSHA or the Chairman of the Communication Disorders Department at students university for more information and/or application. more...
Ginny Mandell Memorial Scholarship
Scholarship for entering freshmen accepted to the University of Texas Department of Art and Art History. First preference is given to students nominated by the Chair of the Department. Contact the Financial Aid Office or the Texas Exes for more information and/or application. more...
Cheryl Story Null Memorial Scholarship
Annual award for female college juniors enrolled full-time at Angelo State University majoring in Business. Students must have a minimum 2.0 GPA. Due date may vary. more...